After not having spoken at SXSW Interactive since 2006, I’m hoping that this presentation (created together with Crush+Lovely designer Jina Bolton) will draw enough interest in votes to become part of the lineup.
Subjects we’ll cover in Next-Generation Web Technologies, Today:
- What are these new Web Technologies?
- Why would I care to use these technologies?
- Which browser supports what?
- How can I use them?
- How do I keep things simple and easy to maintain when I do this?
- What is the best way to use the new technologies?
- What are the best practices (and why are they “best”)?
- What’s wrong about using shortcuts in my development process?
- What are the tradeoffs when doing this?
- How can I convince my clients that the tradeoffs are worth it to them?
If this sounds interesting to you, please go and vote for us.